Wednesday, January 04, 2006

4th of January 2006. A historic landmark.........

Yeap...........

It's historic alright. The day I finally got around to setting up a blog. My blog.

I used to be one of those people who thought, "Why bother with a blog? What do you achieve by maintaining a blog? What's the purpose of having one if all your thoughts and emotions you assumed are private are there for all to see, to scrutinize and to criticize?"

I just didn't understand it. The controversies of the past year revolving ard bloggers, some deservedly, have only added to my contempt of the blogging community. Why, then, did I join them? It's not a case of "If you can't beat them, join them". Neither is it a case of me wanting to be part of a community, to be accepted.

Honestly, I fear the kind of reaction some of the more illustrious blogger received and I, admittedly, fear the chiding I may get from what I may say. Still, I'm here.

One of the main reasons for me is probably out of the self-satisfaction I get when making my points of view known. As a person, I am very vocal and vociferous to say the least. I'm not one to shy away from a debate and I certainly hate losing a debate.

I guess the knowledge that some people out there will certainly challenge my points of view intrigues me. To see other's points of view and to discuss certain topics definitely is a reason for this blog to exist. There may be other reasons which I have yet to find out, but it'll surface sooner or later.

Yeaps, you may say it's an impulse thing, and impulse is a risk, but it's a risk I feel worth taking.

Happy new year.

No comments: