Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Bliss?? I seriously doubt it.

Three posts in, and I'm feeling like I have been babbling on and on about nothing. I was reading my first post yesterday, and it dawned on me that I'm still in a limbo of sorts as to what I want to express. Do I comment about my life, however insignificant it may be to others, or do I comment on current issues, issues that strike a chord in me?

Then it hit me. Why limit myself?

I was reading the blogs of some friends of mine. Some are happily married couples and some equally content singles. We all want the same thing; bliss. As subjective as it may be, we all desire it. Mostly, bliss happens when in the company of a significant other. Ask any single person and you'll likely get that answer. Honestly, I feel happy for them and wish my friends the best and may their bliss last a lifetime.

Can't say the same for me tho. Yes, I am married and, yes, I am happy. But blissful? Now, that's a different thing altogether. The start of a new year usually brings joy and happiness to most. Leaving old memories behind, making up a new list of, probably unfulfillable, resolutions and hoping for a better future.

I wish I started the new year like that. 2006 is probably not gonna be my year. Why the pessimism, some might ask. You know it's not gonna be a good year if you ended the last year with an argument with your loved one and it spilled over into the new year. Amazing, isn't it? While thousands were counting down the seconds and rejoicing at the moments, we were bickering and paused only to see the fireworks.

That's not the end of it. There's 348 days till the year ends, and looking back the first 17, the signs ain't good.

Happy New Year? I'll tell you when the year ends.




No comments: