Wednesday, April 05, 2006

The weekend that passed.

I was reading through my previous posts, and it occured to me, I was beginning to turn into a psuedo socio-geopolitical expert trying to solve the world's problem. Honestly, I was just venting my frustrations at what I see. Yeah, I am passionate about these things. Oh well, ablog ain't enough to solve the problems afflictuing us all.

I brought dear wifey to a place she has been pestering me to go to eversince we got the car - Air Papan Beach. Where?? It's about 5km after the Mersing, just follow the road that goes to Kuantan after passing by the Mersing roundabout and you'll find a right turn into Air Papan. We almost went there during last December but somehow, we went to Cherating instead with a couple of my friends. The reason why I have been putting off her requests was because I didn't think too much of the place - I just didn't rate it. I had this vision of a really kampung setting with lots of fishing boats - really quaint, sort of, and a not-so-spectacular beach.

Anyway, I decided to take her there on Saturday after we went to service our car. The trip was uneventful, except for the heavy rain that fell part of the way. After the right turn past Mersing, we were greeted by paddy fields on the left and beautiful kampung scenery, ah, the fresh air. I just had to wind down the windows and let the fresh air envelope us, instead of the air-conditioning. After another 2-3km of winding kampung road, we reached the beach. The scenery preceeding the beach did little in giving me clues of the scenery which awaited us both. Best part of it all, my wife has never been there nor seen pictures of it, but was quite adamant that we make our way there after listening to some colleagues who could not stop talking about it. It was spectacular!!

We spent about 3hrs there, from 3pm to 6pm, before the rain we thought we had left behind en route, caught up with us. She had some fun playing in the waters, while I stayed dry and took some beautiful photos of the place. She couldn't resist it, the waves were not strong, compared to Cherating, partly because of the many islands protecting that little stretch of beach. All in all, it was a pleasant surprise. Now, I can't stop thinking of that place. Planning to go there again sometime this month and staying there for 1 night.

We stopped over at the new Tebrau City shopping mall. This is a nice place. Very modern and chic, unlike those normal warehouse-like shopping malls like JB Southern City aka Extra or the various Giant malls. This was a multi-storey complex, complete with various foodie joints and other shops, plus the Jusco Hypermart at one end. Well, enjoy the photos below......

Raining on the way there
Image hosting by Photobucket
The paddy fields, I think..
Image hosting by Photobucket
The beach...
Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket

No comments: